To ensure an enjoyable conference experience for all, please observe the following safety and behavior guidelines during your participation at the State Leadership & Skills Conference.
Conference Safety & Behavior
- Official Dress is required for both general sessions and competition.
- Please refer to your contest guidelines for specific requirements.
- Name badges are required for all conference events; entrance may be restricted without it.
- Follow the SkillsUSA Conference Code of Conduct at all times, behaving respectfully with everyone you encounter. See website for the Code.
- Communicate with your Advisor frequently. Make sure that he/she knows where you are at all times.
- Official Nevada SkillsUSA t-shirts are the required dress for the Conference Social.
- It is expected that students will adhere to the dress code and behavior expectations of SkillsUSA and his/her school district.
Hotel Safety & Behavior
- Know where your hotel key is at all times. If your hotel key is lost or stolen, report this to your advisor and the hotel front desk immediately.
- While in your room, always use the deadbolt and chain. Do not leave your door propped open.
- Do not open your door to anyone you do not personally know.
- Do not leave valuables out in the open. Report missing items to your advisor and the hotel front desk.
- Students should not enter any hotel room other than their own.
- Evening curfew is 11 pm and applies to all SkillsUSA members.
Fire Safety & Behavior
- Locate all fire exits, alarms and extinguishers near your room/location.
- In case of a fire, call 911 and then the hotel operator.
- If you must evacuate your room, take your room key and go to the nearest fire exit.
- Stay low to the ground, beneath the smoke. DO NOT USE THE ELEVATOR. Once you arrive at the area of safety, attempt to locate your advisor.
City Safety & Behavior
- Always travel in groups, never alone.
- Make sure your advisor knows where you are at all times!
- Stay in well-lit areas. Avoid alleyways.
- When purchasing items, do not display a large amount of cash. If using a
credit or debit card, shield your pin.
To reach the Nevada SkillsUSA Management Center, call 775-785-8312.